Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Car


So I have always been very interested in cars and so far I have only really owned one car. It is a 1996 Volvo 850 wagon. It is in no way the coolest car ever but I still love it. I got it right before I got my license. so i have had it for about 4 and a half years now and have put about fifty thousand miles on it. It has been a real trooper and has stood up to much of the abuse that I throw at it. I haven't been nice to the car and so far it has mostly stayed in one piece. After sliding it into a curb I have had to have a number of parts replaced on the front suspension. Right now the fan isn't working right so I don't have much heat in my car which really sucks in winter. But I love my car because it still has a lot of nice features and is fast enough for me for the most part. It is also very safe. A number of things that my old car has are just becoming available on some cars today. It has side airbags and whip lash protection and I think its impossible to lock your keys in it. Because its a station wagon no body ever really expects it to be driven fast or aggressively. Also it doesn't stick out much to the police. I have heard about other people who have sports cars and they do get pulled over but the police more frequently. If I had the money I would love to tune the car up a bit. IPD make a number of nice aftermarket parts for my car that would make it handle and stop better. I have ordered other parts from them that do an exelent job of curing small problems with the car like the rear tailgate. I would also at some point like to drive an R model. They are the high output turbocharged versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment